Friday, September 18, 2009

Japanese Dorama-Buzzer Beat

Each season there is a slew of new doramas. Every now and then, if a dorama was popular, there will be subsequent seasons. I average about 1 to 2 per season. This current season, I got caught up in Buzzer Beat. This is about a semi-pro basketball player, Naoki, and the 2 women in his life, his girlfriend Natsuki and someone new that he meets, Riko. I started watching because the actress that plays his girldfriend, Saki Aibou, starred in a previous dorama that I latched on to. She is very cute physically and her character in Zettai Kareshi, was too adorable. She didn't appeal to me at first but started to grow on me as I followed the series. The role that she plays this time is a far departure from that character, almost polar opposites. The show revolves around the love lives of the three, his teammates and coach, and Riko's roommate Mai. The show is about to end as episode 10 aired this past Monday and the special 75 minute finale will air this upcoming Monday.