Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Travelogue London King's Cross


So Im going from Costco to London Bridge Station.  Along the way, I will be passing King's Cross/St Pancras Station.  This is not the first time ihave passed through here but today I am compelled to exit and take a look above ground

I exit the underground platform and head to street level that opens up into this covered area.  Each side lead to the train platforms   This way leads to platforms 9 and above

This side affords tracks 0-8

A few of the tracks are occupied by trainsw either ready to leave or those that have just pulled in.  The cielings are tall and the building long

Here lies track 9.  To the left is track 10.  These 2 tracks are housed ion platfgorms much shorter than thye previous tracks

Nearby, a crowd gathers.  It starts to become clear why I was drawn here.  I was channeling my inner Harry Potter.

I must ahve read about it somewhere but didnt file it in my mind as soemthing to remember.  Kinda like the way theArk was stored away in Raiders Of The Lost Ark.  Old and young alike were unabashedly channeling their wizard alter egos

As the story goes, in order to get to the platform to board the Hogwarts Express, one must get through the wall to the awaiting train

Helpful muggles, I believe them to be muggles, will provide you with a scarf if you had forgotten yours.  Mind you, this is a very well worn scarf.  they could have nicked that neckware from Dr. Who

Jump, smile, snap.  NEXT! Repeat