Saturday, March 9, 2013

Travelogue London Camden Town/Lock


While heading back from the RAF Museum, I would be passing Camden Town Stn.  I was going to stop by another day but alighted since it was on the way.  As soon as I came out of the exit, I could tell this was looking to be aq colorful area.

Along the streets vendors were hawking apparel and accessories.  Despite the rain, the crowds of young people filled the streets.  Tattoing must be popular in this due to the number of signs directing you to their front doors

Aside from the businesses and the people, some storefronts were eye-catching.  This chinese restaurant could not lure me in although it did turn my head
 

More shops were located not too far away at Camden Locks.  

Some of the actual locks.  Had it not been raining, these locks would be put to full use ferrying people to Regent's Canal and the zoo

I must have read up on the wrong place.  This area is a chaotic mash of covered/uncovered streets and rows of stalls selling  much the same of what I saw earlier.  T-shirts, clothing of sorts, as well as souvenirs were on display

I was too old and my taste not within the ballpark for me to wander around much longer.

I noticed there were a number of places to get something to eat.  They ranged the gamut from chinese, mediterranean, american, italian, mexican, etc. 

I noticed the going price was about 4 pounds.  The chinese places were offering choices from anything that they had for 4 pounds.  The pseudo-thai and pseudo-japanese places, really chinese food, were doing the same thing.   Burritos and burgers, kebabs and crepes, pizza and falafels all going for around the same cheap price