Monday, March 11, 2013

Travelogue London Costco


One of my things is to visit a local Costco if there is one accessible by public transpport.  I have been to 2 in the Tokyo area, Seoul, and Vancouver.  Now I can add London to the list.  This one, by far, was one of the easiest to get to.  The one in Seoul was easily acessible too

The interiors are very similar the world around.  I bypassed the electronis, office supplies, and laundry needs and head to the foodstuffs.  I like to see what kind of local products they sell.  Here is a package of bacon rashers.  In the states, we are used to the strips.  Here its more steak-like in shape and not cured.

Another thing they do at all Costcos are the offering of samples.  Tastes of this black pudding were being handed out and I availed myself.  I liked this and I thought it tasted good.  However, there is no way in hell I could finish off a whole of the stuff.  You've seen when I had it for breakfast.  This tube of blood and other goodies would easily last a year at the portions I was served before. 

Convenient packs of HP sauce.  If this is still not enough for you, there were much larger sized bottle if you elect to drink the stuff

The piece de resistance, the food service area.  Some standard fare and local additiions.  Some of the standard fare varies somewhat from what we expect in the states.  The pizza is offered in peppeoni, 4 cheese, and bbq chicken.  The bbq most closely resemble the combination.

Japan and other locations had clam chowder.  Seoul had a bulgogi bake.  Vancouver had poutin and smoke meat sandwich.  London has cottage pie

They also have potato jackets with your choice of sides.  I believe this to basically be a baked potato

My usual order includes the hot dog.  As I have found, they dont really differ much from location to location.  So, Im going to have to stop ordering this as there is only so much I can eat.  However, I ordered this with onions and it turns out it was already on the dog rather than being handed a samll container or manually dispensing it.

Your usual condiments for the dog: mustard, \ketchup, and HP(brown) sauce.  You can try it but I dont much care for the HP sauce on the dog

You may put the HP sauce on your cottage pie.  Mashed potato over beef in brown sauce and topped with melted cheese.  They made it known they were usinng Aberdeen beef.  It was quite tastey and filling

They offered a better variety of soda in other places and some places have converted to Pepsi products.  This one had Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Fanta Orange, and Fanta Still Orange.  For those who are unfamiliar, still refers non-carbonated and sparkling the opposite