Thursday, October 29, 2009

We Interrupt Your Regularly Scheduled Commute

We are well into our second day of the Bay Bridge closure. Masses of people are finding alternate ways of getting to work. The morning news advising people to stay home or work from home when possible. I just wonder how many people actually have the option of telecommuting. Its a great concept; I wish I could do it but my job makes that highly unlikely. The majority of commuters have flooded the BART system. One rider had commented on air that with the crush of the masses riding BART, she noticed some who had not showered and reeked of BO.

While we wait for Caltrans to repair the repair that they made several weeks ago, hopes are high that everything will be back to normal by the start of next week. This has always been my fear when having to commute across a bridge