Monday, October 5, 2009

Pepsi

Pepsi in Japan has done it again. They have come up with another seasonal flavor for the citizens to enjoy, maybe. They had some other wild flavors that I mentioned in a previous post. This time, its azuki flavor. Other asians know this as red bean. These sweet red beans can be found in desserts and inside steamed buns and mochi. I cant pass judgement on this or any of the previous flavors because I have not had the fortune/misfortune of tasting any of them. They never seem to have these special flavors during the winter time when I am most likely to be there. Soda manufacturers have had their own little experiments here in the states. Notably, in my mind, Dr Pepper and Mtn Dew has gone through some changes of late. I guess variety is good as they needed somthing new to put into the pipeline, but fade away just as fast as they are introduced. Does this mean they didnt succeed?