Thursday, October 8, 2009

For Lunch-Bushi-Tei Bistro

In the Japan town area, I decided to have lunch while I was here. The newest restaurant to open is located under the bridge. It was formerly a Hawaiian place, I believe, but I had never tried while it was open. They had alot of the usual japanese fare but had some things that I dont usually see like lime chicken.
They have a ramen lunch special which consists of ramen with a selection of 3 toppings and 7 side dishes for around $11. Choice of toppings include ginger pork, chicken, or karaage. Side dishes vary from chirashi, to california rolls, unagi don, and others. I chose karaage and california rolls
The rolls, 6 and not the 4 pictured above, were good but nothing spectacular. The ramen broth is tonkotsu based with nice chewy noodles. I liked the ramen and found the karaage to be flavorful and juicy with a slightly salty flavor. Portions were good as I was full after my meal