Wednesday, October 28, 2009

On The Job-The Ferry Building cont

I found the previous pictures that I took for this post. Instead of saving it to the flash, it saved to the primary memory. Duh! I should have looked there as well though Im not sure why it changed. Anyway, the Ferry Building houses many shops and is still the disembarkation/embarkation point for many commuters. The palm-tree lined Embarcadero runs past the front of the structure

The most prominent feature being the clock tower. The flag atop the edifice skewed off to one side due to the Loma Prieta earthquake. The quake also caused the clock to stop at the exact time it hit
Across the way, is the end of Market St as well the 4 buildings of the Embarcadero complex
You can see the Bay Bridge from behind. These are the docks that the ferries tie to when they arrive with passengers
The length of the interior provides spaces for many shops and eateries. Although there is a second floor, I've never gone up there myself