Monday, September 19, 2011

Travelogue-Chicago Day 4 Wrigley Field

I had tickets toa Cubs night game on my last full day in Chicago.  They would be playing the Cincinati Reds tonight.  The stadium is easy to get to.  I just take the Red line to Addison and walk a block to the gates.

As I strolled to the gate, I was bombarded by a number of folks selling Cubs branded clothing and souvenirs, roasted peanut vendors, and the usual scalpers.  The team is not doing all that well this year so ticket sales are a bit slow.  But, the scalpers will reduce their prices after a few innings have been played.

It was still hours before the first pitch.  I walked around the ballpark to look around.  My seat is down the left field line.  Not visible in the picture below

Right field

My camera has the widest field of view when its in stitch mode

Section 202 is where I will plant myself for the next couple of hours during the game.  The overhang provides a nice bit of shade during the day games.

The streets that border the ballpark are lined with buildings.  Some are tall enough to see over the walls of the stadium.  Thus, bleacher seats have been built on some of these rooftops to provide extra income.  A few were enjoying some tailgating and barbecues before the start of the game

As evening fell, the skies turned a shade of purple and pink.  The Cubs did not breakout first but managed to beat the Reds 6-3.