Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Travelogue-Chicago Day 3 Lunch

Morton's  Steakhouse started in Chicago but not at this locaton on Wacker near Michigan.  The reaon I didnt go to the original location is because of the specail lunch menu available at this location.  This is my first time at Morton's even though there is a location back home

Im first served this large onion roll  with a pat of butter thats just as large.  There was only me at the table, me.  I would have needed a much larger appetite to finish this beach ball of a bun.

The first of therr courses begins.  I chose the lobster bisque.  It smelled very creamy but did not taste as it smelled.  Aside from that, theres a slight spicey finish to each spoonful.  It was finished off with a nice little nugget of lobster meat.

The entree was a nice rib eye done medium rare.  It was accompanied by mashed potatoes.  The steak was cooked very adeptly and very good.  This was aplain cut of meat, not aged in anyh way.  The potatoes were to have garlic butter but did not pack much of a garlic punch to it.  However, The waitress did initially offer to add more butter if it was not to my taste

Lastly, I opted for the double chocolate mouse in the third course.  By now, I was very full and could not even finish the dessert.  Im no chocolate fiend but I thought it was good with a littler bitterness on the tail end.  The whipped cream helped to round that off