Thursday, December 3, 2009

Shoot!

There is power in a firearm. There is engineering skill designed into a firearm. There can also be beauty in a firearm. Like many, my interest began when I was young and would ogle and drool over having a bb gun. As I grew older, I got to explore this more and more and participate in a wide range of activities. In high school, I got to take a class in marksmanship. I have been to the range on a number of occassions. I played paintball for several years. I believe in peoples' rights to own a firearm. However, Im not as fanatical about gun laws as the NRA. But they do serve a purpose in protecting our rights. I can only lust after some these objects as laws and finances prevent me from ever owning the real thing. However, replicas and functioning airsoft duplicates help to ease the pangs

Theres engineering magic and efficiency in an MP5, a sub machine gun widely hailed and utilized

A P90 has some beautiful lines in its flowing design and compactness. Its mix of curved and straight lines appeals to aesthetics

Weapons like the minigun are undeniably powerful. The whine when in use is unmistakable

These guns are not usually available to most people. Hoever, there are events around the US where you get the chance to handle and fire these machines in their full auto extreme