Thursday, December 10, 2009

Building Models

As a wee lad, one of my hobbies was building plastic models. It started with cars and dragsters. From their I began assembling military vehicles: planes, tanks, helicopters. Later as my interest in Japan blossomed, it evolved into robots from Gundam and Macross. I used to have a greater attention span back then. I was once able to sit quietly while shaving off extra plastic from the pieces, wait for newly glued pieces to dry, and carefully paint and place decals.

Several years ago, I tried to start this up again with a model that I bought a while back but never got around to putting together. I became too impatient at just taking the pieces off the sprue which did not forbode very well for the rest of the task. Long story short, it hit the trash before I got half way through it

I wasnt a very good builder of models but I did enjoy the past time. I didnt have a digital camera at the time so there is no record of any of my builds, fortunately.