Thursday, April 22, 2010

Star Wars Lightsaber Chopsticks 2.0

On a recent trip to Tokyo, I went to several stores, and different locations of the same stores, looking for the Star Wars Lightsaber Chopsticks. I found them and purchased the set of Darth Vader red, Luke Skywalker blue, and Yoda green. Now, I have found out, last week, that Kotobukiya is coming out with a second set. This one icludes Mace Windu purple, Luke Skywalker green, and Darth Maul red. Should I preorder them or should I wait until next February when I plan to be back in Tokyo? The second set is due out in August.

Darth Maul's can be joined to form a double sided lightsaber that he used in the movie
I was hoping they would do Darth Maul's. Others had clamored for Mace Windu's. However, instead of Luke's green, they should have done Count Dooku's curved handle lightsaber. This could leave the door open for a third set. But who elses lightsaber could they include to round out the set of 3 that they have been putting out? They could do Anakin's, Obi Wan's, or even Qui Gon's as well.