Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Packing For A Long Trip

Have you ever left for a trip and thought that you might have forgotten to pack something? This bit of misgiving used to cross my mind very frequently. So, I changed the way I pack for trips. I start packing anywhere from 1 to 1.5 months before the departure date. As time goes on and I remember other things I need to bring with me, I toss them into the luggage as I go. This results in over filled suitcases.

The week before I leave, I do a 180 and begin to unpack things that I have just packed. I definitely do not need all the things I have stowed away and will require some space for souvenirs and what not. By reducing my travel items in this way, I hopefully will have remembered to include everything I need and weed out what I dont require. This helps to ease the sinking feeling.