Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Lunar New Year

I had forgotten to mention that, over the weekend, many countries celebrated the Lunar New Year. Alot of asian countries ushered in the Year of the Tiger. It seems as if its mostly the asian countries that do this. Vietnam has Tet and Korea and China are two of the more well known celebrants. One year, I was in Hong Kong during this time. I was told that it was going to be a quiet visit as the majority of shops are closed for a week to enjoy the festivities. And there was no mistaking the eerie calm of the streets that usually bustled with people going about their normal routines. I kind of reveled in that in a small way as I dont like crowds. However, when Im in Tokyo, I feed off the energy of the crowds in many of the popular areas around the metropolis.

Happy New Year!