Friday, February 12, 2010

Games Of The 2010 Winter Olympiad

The Winter Olumpic Games start up today in Vancouver, Canada. I have been fortunate to have once visited this locale to the far north. Its a lush and scenic area where the urban jungle butts up to the natural forest. I did not get the chance to take in the 4 seasons so I cant speak to what its like right now during the winter. I may have been their during the fall and remember experiencing sun and rain all in the same trip.

The US is a fairly successful winter country as far as the games go. We are diffenitely more of a summer than a winter but we have atheletes who put up a great showing this time of year. There's a fair share of gold medals that come our way. Not too long ago, the games were on US soil in Salt Lake City, Utah. My memory fails me but I also remember Lake Placid, New York. I also recall seeing signs at Squaw Valley indicating an Olympics were once held there, long before my time.

Good luck to all those in competition