Monday, February 15, 2010

1 Night 2 Days-Hit the pole!

As previously mentioned, my favorite Korean variety show, 1 Night 2 Days, airs on KBS America. As I planned my trip to Seoul, I had hoped to run into the taping of the opening scene in front of the KBS studio. Frequently, their adventures begins on a Friday morning on the steps of the studio's entrance. Here, they describe their destination, how they are going to get there and possibly what games will be played along the way. My chances were not that good but I thought I would give it a try. If nothing else, I will tour the studio.

Misfortune smiles upon me as their shooting plans will totally shut me out. The show's most ambitious location will be hundreds of miles away from Korea. They usually go to areas around South Korea. Once they went around North Korea to China to visit a mountain that borders the two countries. For a period of two weeks, they will be headed to the south pole. As you may have guessed, my stay in Seoul is smack dab in the middle of those two weeks. For those optimists, there may be a glimmer of hope for me as they still need to work out the schedule for all 7 members to attend. Also, weather conditions will play a big part in the outcome of their flight.

If it were up to me, I would say put it off for a month when the weather gets better and probably a little warmer. Sleeping in a tent at the south pole, you'd want all the warmth you can get

Credit:1n2dfansubs, allkpop