Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Where to go next?

Im thinking about going somewhere domestic later this year and was wondering where I should go. Last year I decided on Philadelphia. This year some places in the running are Chicago, someplace in Texas, or possibly Portland or Denver. With the oil spill, I have to write off the gulf coast once again. The previous time I thought about going somewhere like New Orleans, Katrina hit and those plans were put off to the back burner. I pretty much know when Im going to go, not so much the where. Alot of that will depend on what United or Southwest has on sale. I check on their websites every Tuesday to see what they have to entice me. Depending on what they offer, I will look up these places and see if anything jumps out at me. One of the biggest factors will be the food. I want to try the local specialities of the area, like the cheesesteaks in Philly. Im not big into museums but places of historical merit can be soemthing I would be willing to look into, like Independence Hall or the Liberty Bell in Philly. I enjoy the big modern cities that have some personality to them.

Chicago has deep dish pizza. Texas has barbecue. Denver has steaks. Portland, I dont know what they offer maybe seafood? I like pizza but I usually prefer the thinner crusts. Meat and fire, good! Meat good! I think Chicago has alot to experience and I will serously look into it. There are alot of places in Texas, I will have to try and nail down one area.