Sunday, August 11, 2024

Japan 2024 - Day 8 Shopping again?!?!

Had a late breakfast at Saizeriya near the bus terminal.  It opened at 10am but there was a Gusto Cafe next door that opens at 7am.  Had the hamburg steak with chicken wings and fried shrimp.  This was preceded by a small green salad with shrimp.  All washed down with the drink bar, iced cappucino especially.  It was a very satisfying start to the day.

I found the largest Daiso was at the Tobu department store in Ikebukuro.  It has all 3 factions:Daiso, Standard Brands, and Threepy.  The other 2 are meant to compete with some of the higher priced stores like 3 coins.  It was definitely larger but it didnt have a few items that I wanted to get more of.  It was a pretty impressive layout as Daisos go.  A few items I got were 200yen but everything else was in line with 100yen.  I spied a Bic Camera, Gashapon store, and a McDonald's.  Guess which store I went into?  I went to all 3.  I needed to check micro sd prices as compared to Amazon.  There was no comparison so I have to hold off.  I am reaching the maximum amunt of space on the memory that I brought and might need to purchase more if Im not careful.  Of course I have to peruse what they have at the gashapon store.  Oddly, this time around, I didnt see out of place items like a lion going number 2 on his throne nor human legs on shrimp tempura.  Got a few little items, literally.  Second trip  to McD this trip.  The brought back a shrimp burger.  It has may/tartar sauce and a tangy tomato to give some pep.  With my small back pack and tummy full I ent back to Shibuya.  Why? Shopping of course.  It feels like all Ive been doing that past few days is travelling between 2 large Daisos. Hopefully for the last time picked up what I needed.  Popped into Mega Donki to do a query on something that came to mind.  No luck.

I had the bright idea to go back to TMG and watch Godzilla again but at an earlier hour and capture it with the Sony camera.  Will porbably do a side by side video.  Ate at a Matsuya beef bowl place at the entrance of Omoide.  Ordered the kalbi meal and was not wowed by the beef.  It was very gristly.  I would have preferred the regular beef bowl at Yoshinoya.  It would have been less greasy also.

Im all caught up as far as the posts go.  Tomorrow I travel to Enoshima/Kamakura and see what the japanese beach life is like