Sunday, March 1, 2015

Travelogue Japan Day 4 Back To Tokyo

Breakfast is a little more varied in Shin Yokohama.  Three types of fried rice though I only tried two.  Acoouple fo salads including this sweet vinegared noodle salad.  Green beans and konyaku.  Human made, Im assuming, miso soup and mcahine dispensed cream soups.  Selfserve coffee dispenser offering a variety of coffee drinks and milk tea.  I wonder if the cream soup and coffee were available all day as the machines were still set up after the breakfast period and as I left around 10am

Guess what the hot green beverage is on the left?  Milk tea to the right.

A short walk to the station.  All Tokkaido Sanyo Shinkansen stop here before proceeding west

If I forgot to mention it, the previous stay gifted me with this lemon and shiso leaf flavored alcohol.  As i browsed through Don Quijote later today, they were priced at 667yen

I was going to take the scenic to the station but the beginning droplets hastened my pace and route before they attacked en masse

If you want to stay here, dont worry about overcrowding.  Theres another branch around the corner

I had to transfer at Higashi Kanagawa from the Yokohama line to the Tohoku line.  I am aware of the women only trains in Tokyo to cut down on instances of molestation.  I was just surprised to see how many were set aside

If its Sunday then I must be in Akihabara.  I come a lot around this time because of the street closure.  They dont seem to be doing this as much.  Especially on rainy days.  Alot has changed over the years.  Old structures torn down and new businesses taking their place.

Im glad to see Azo Bit City is still here.  I love to browse this place for their inventory airsoft, models, and other toys.  Ive not really bought anything but good to know its still here

Next I like to drop in on Kotobukiya.  They make a bunch of Star Wars stuff and other figurines.  They didnt have anything from Force Awakens yet.  The headphones are the only new things that caught my eye.  One hero and three villians.  Just goes to show how cool the bad guys are even if the grunts cant shoot worth a lick

Along Chuo dori, there was some kind of anime thing going on.  My only investigation of this event went as far as walking around and thinking "Okayyyyy...".

They felt the need to give three dimensions to the two dimensional cutouts
  

Around the corner at the same buuilding, there was a line of women going down the block and around the corner.  They were several ladies deep.  Being that it was raining, I was not going to hang out and get drenched if there was nothing in it for me

Onward to Tokyo station.  I went to check on the line for Rokurinsha.  As expected, too long.  I checked up on the Kit Kat selection and found nothing really new.  I guess it would happen at some point that I have see/tasted most of the flavors they offered.

I was looking for the Kit Kat that came in a Shinkansen shaped box.  Inside was a samller yellow Shinkansen shaped box.  Referred to as Dr Yellow, it diagnoses and trouble shoots the bullet train tracks

Off to the hotel tocheck in.  For a late lunch, I went to Tetsu at Shinatatsu.  Ordered the regular tsukemen.

Added some fried onions to the dipping sauce to eat with the noodles.  After the noodles were ingested, I added more fried onions in addition to the hot soup stock to finish off the meal
.

The rain continued after I got settled in again.  Fortunately, the late lunch will hold me over until the next day.  Its not like there were no options.  I could have had more ramen or donburi at Shinatatsu.  TGI Fridays, Outback, and Royal Host would mean getting a little bit more wet.  I havent even mentioned all the possibilities at the station itself.  And, I didnt forget about the green beverage.  I intentionally buried the answer here.  It was cream edamame soup.  I wanted something sweet so I indulged in a soft serve from McDonalds

I also picked up something else at the food market.  Wing Takanawa East is being renovated and the supermarket in B1F was closed.  This was the source of drinks sometimes meals as a semi last resort.