Monday, April 3, 2017

Travelogue Tokyo-Day 2 Shinjuku Koen

Its that time of year in Japan when the sakura bloom and everyone flocks to see them while they can.  I had to get this out of my system so headed over to the park near Shinjuku station


Some were scattered around while others were in groups but you have to go and find them as they were not laid out on the map that I was given.  It cost 200yen and you would think they could highlight a few areas since it is that time of year 


A few man  made bodies of water and creeks snake through the grounds here and there

The fauna and the flora.  Some carp in the pond were mainly black.  Standouts were a white one and an orange one

You know he looks hungry.  Probably an ambitious but patient bird.   "Someday Im going to get one of you in my belly, get in my belly!"




From the Taiwan Pavilion

The largest cluster of sakura and other blooms

When the wind blew, some of the petals gently fell to the ground.  Not quite the amount that you see in romantic movies

Ive marked my path around the park with X's on the point where I took a few of the photos.  

When I left, I was surprised by the number of people still at the gates waiting to get in.  When Iarrived, there was short wait to purchase entrance but I strolled in immediately after.  I may have lucked out and gotten here when they just opened

They were metering the number of people they were letting in so the park would not be overwhelmed and ruin the experience for everyone.  Now the line to buy tickets was quite long.  I followed it out as I went back towards the station.  Approximately 11:30 and the line ended halfway to the station

A little beyond the station is a ramen joint, Fu Unji.  It has good reviews for its tsukemen.  A short wait outside and a short wait inside

Hard at work serving the countless bodies that come to enjoy what they have to offer

Once you get inside the door, you choose what you want to eat from the ticket vending machine

Possibly inn preparation for the 2020 Summer Olympics, the machine has been laid out in english.  I pictures Ive see of this place, it used to be all japanese.  If not the Olympics then it was because this plae has become very popular?

I ordered the premium tsukemen.  When being seated, you will be asked how much noodle do you want.  Small, medium, or large is all included in the price.  Chuumori for medium and I ordered oomori for a large.  Like most other tsukemen places, they have soup wari that you can help yourself to in order warm up the dipping sauce or make it drinkable like soup.  I now had a belly full of carbs and went off to my next destination