Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Travelogue-Tokyo Departure/Incheon arrival

Todaym I only have a few hours before my flight to Incheon.  It started noff very bright today.  I guess my timing is off when it comes to the weather.  The only place that I haven't gone back to is Shibuya.  I got there around 10 in the morning on a Monday.  Everything was surprisingly quiet.  I expected more people from past experiences

I went by a conveyor belt, kaitne, sushi placde that was recommended on the first trip.  In the last 11 years, the price has only gone up 10yen.  I just wish the exchange could have been just as good.  On that first trip, the exchange was around 130yen to the dollar.  This time, it was at 80yen to the dollar

There were the usual people there.  Deliverymen, officeworkers, and some students milling about but not in the quantity nor energy that I have become accustomed to.  I stopped into a few arcades to see if there were any prizes worth trying for in the UFO cdatcher machines.  There were none

As mentioned in a previous post, there was this restaurant.  This ,location boasts 3 floors and its open 24 hours a day.  I dont know if these places just started popping up or I just have not noticed them before.  I noticed that there were 4 branches within a 2 block area

The flight took off as scheduled and I landed after 9:30 in the evening.  By the time I got through customs and luggag3e pick-up it was already 10:30pm.  I booked a room at the Best Wesgern Premire Incheon Airport.  Unfortunately, their shuttle stops serv ice at 9:30pm.  Their location is close enough that it was only a 3000won taxi fare.  At that time of night, I did not want to be walking around trying to find transport.  The lady at the information desk suggested taking a shuttle to the Hyatt which was close to the BW, but I would have to walk maybe half a mile in the dark?!?!?