Sunday, March 18, 2012

Travelogue-Tokyo Day 3, Kin No Kura Jr

I came back to review this izakaya place that had been seen on a japanese television show.  I found a previous location in Akihabara but noticed that they were also in this building near the UDX.  I went up to the 6th floor and asked for a table.  I  could easily see there was a table near the entrance that could accomodate one.  For some reason I was told 2 hours.  I dont know if it meant the wait or I could only stay that long  Either way, I went to the first location

It wasnt full and I was seated promptly.  This place has tablets on the table where yo9u can order your drinks and food.  Most items are 720yen while a few are 384yen.  There is also an option for ordering in english.  The menu is small for both drinks and food

Available drinks include beers, wine cocktails, and soft drinks.  I opted for the pineapple sour with fruit.  The juice tastede artificial but was served very quickly  the edamame were complimentary

My first order was what I was hoping would be gyoza.  Not quite but in the same fane and fried.  It was decent enough, nothing special

As I mentioned, the drinks come out quick while the food is another matter.  While waiting for my second order, I requested a peach sour with fruit.  They have some sours with just juice or Calpis

The takoyaki was not very good.  I would have preffered the frozen ones that I microwave myself.  As I said, the menu is a bit more limited than I expected and was hoping to order other things

I did order one thing of their premium menu,  the one where items are 384yen.  This is beef rib meat on shave onions and topped with green onions on a sizzling plate.  It was average once again.  The meat was a bit on the chewy side and the sauce a bit sweet

Lastly, I thought I ordered spicey wings.  I got wings but they were just fried and not spicey.  All in all, the food is average and the place is not really worth seeking out for.  I dont know if 270yen for a beer is a good price. nIf so, it has that going for them