Thursday, July 23, 2009

Same But Different

As I peruse websites pertaining to Japan and having been there a few times myself, there are a few things that they have there that we have here...only slightly different. Pringles had what seemed like some strange flavors like funky soy sauce or consumme. But, they were more rebranding flavors that we already have here. Kit Kat and Coke/Pepsi have ventured into areas which boggle the mind at times. I have seen Kit Kat flavors such as red bean, sweet potato, cherry blossom, and yubari melon. On my last trip, I could have sworn I saw soy sauce flavor. Since I didnt see it again, I thought I was hallucinating. Lo and behold, I found that particular Kit Kat at a site that has been chronicling all the different flavors of the candy treat. For the most part, most of them dont taste too bad. Although, its not to the liking of some people I know. The cola wars rage on in Japan and I feel that the general public, at times, may be the victims. What do you think of flavors like cucumber, shiso leaf, or even green tea with your cola? Pepsi has even offered a concoction with yogurt of all things.