Monday, July 6, 2009

Ghosts

Ghosts, I dont believe in them in the sense that they are manifestations of lives that have passed from existence. But, like most things, I believe that there is something to it. What? I dont know right now.

An odd thing that I have noticed is that ghosts seem to be regional. They usually reflect the folklore and customs of their geographic areas. True, this may be due to ghosts being evidence of lives long gone from those who inhabited the area. Photographic instances of spirits bore this out. You never see a japanese white faced girl with long dark hair lurking the castles of Scotland. Nor will you see Pilgrims frolicking on the beaches of Hawaii.

Another issue that seems irksome. On a website somewhere, someone came up with a very provoking thought, why are ghosts clothed? I would give credit to this person if I could remember where I saw it. When a person dies, their clothes dont die with them. Clothes dont have ghosts nor after lives. And again, they are always dressed in the period they would have passed on in.

All in all, people will believe what they want to believe and they will see what they want to see. A flash of light, the movement of an object, or that strange unexplainable sound in the hallway will invariably be the family pet, wind, or a ghost.