Friday, July 24, 2009

Going Back To Japan...Or At Least Thinking About It

Since my first visit to Japan back in 2001, I had averaged one trip a year until 2008. Due to the high cost for fuel and subsequent increases in airfare, I did not make it back. In 2009, although no friends could make it, I was still intent on getting back there. Mission accomplished. Now, I have pared down my travel plans for Japan to once every other year instead of every year. This will give me a chance to visit other places. Last year, it was Paris and London. Next year, Im not sure yet. The plan seems to work out well as I have a friend who wants to go back in 2011. She had been with me on the first few trips we had taken. Due to job and school, she could not find the time. Another reason 2011 fits so well into the cycle is because of the timing of the Sapporo Snow Festival. My friends and I haave made this a 5 year plan. We were there in 2001 on the first trip and went back in 2006. For 2011, we will be including this into our itinerary.