Monday, April 1, 2019

Travelogue Germany-Day 7 Ferries

The the transportation ticket in Hamburg covers buses, S bahn, U bahn, and the ferries.  These ferries run out of Landungsbrucken.


There are several lines that play the Elbe.  I was on the 62 and 72

The 62 goes westward to Finkenwerder.  Other connecting lines will take you further

The first stop is Fischmarkt.  Had I known about the routes, I might have taken the ferry sooner

I was surprised by the beaches and riverside resorts that came up.  It was cold and windy so summer was not first on my mind



We turn and head back after getting to the final destination

Inside you're shielded from the wind and temps.   A snack bar is handy for both tourists and locals


There's a couple of paddle wheelers cruising the river

After alighting, 72 was at the dock.  There's only a few stops:start/end, second stop across the river, then the Elbphilharmonie


After all that time on the water, I went inland to Buck's Burgers.  A hamburger in Hamburg?  Yes, and someday I will have a frankfurter in Frankfurt.

Bacon cheeseburger on a brioche bun.  It was good but would have preferred In n Out

I walked around the area west of the central station for a while.  I needed to break a 50 euro note.  I get nasty looks when I pay for something less than 5 euros

I popped into this bakery to get a pastry and a latte

The clerk didn't flinch at my order of the apple thingy and latte with change for the 50

There were these 2 currywurst stalls of the same chain right across the street from each other.  I thought Starbucks were over saturated