Monday, April 1, 2019

Travelogue Germany-Day 7 Hamburger DOM

I ran across this event by accident.  I saw a ferris wheel from the bus.  I looked at Google earth around the area I thought it was in



All I saw was an empty lot.  A search on Google revealed a three times a year carnival: summer, winter, and spring.  It runs for thirty days during each of the aforementioned seasons

This started on March 22.  It opens at 1500 and closes at 2200 on weekdays and 2300 weekends

.Its got alot of your typical rides, games, and carny foods.   Plenty of places to get beer, wine, and cocktails.

Plenty of places to get colorful flavored slushies









Chocolate covered fruits, cookies, candies and other sugary items around every corner

Walked around a few times to work up an appetite. Deep fried veggies

A box of mushrooms and I ate it on the go

I walked around long enough for the sun to start setting and the lights to come on






Many places to get sausages but only one that sells a half meter bratwurst.  Alot of places sold the same but there was only one place that offered nachos.  Never saw anyone buying any


Being close to ferries, I literally jumped onto one as ot was leaving.  Took a round trip and took these pictures during the return


Elbephilharmonie on right