Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Japan 2022/2023-Day 11 Yoko..suka Yokosuka!

I have a full day before I leave Japan.  I ventured south to Yokosuka where there is a US Naval base 
A quick walk around the station area reveals the usual shops, dining and entertainment

There is a row of shops along the main drag that is named after the Mikasa

The city borders the mouth to Tokyo Bay.  About a 15 minute walk or so.  Too bad I didnt venture out to take in the views.  Maybe another time.

Navy curry at Yokosuka Navy Curry Honpo.  Not too far from the Keikyu train station

The interior of the second floor restaurant is meant to evoke the mess hall on the battleship Mikasa

The highlight is the navy curry set meat.  Beef or chicken curry entree with rice is accompanied by a glass of milk, hot or iced coffee, pickles, and a salad with pasta and a cream dressing


I chose to sit at the table with the model of the Mikasa.  Not far the memorial ship is open to the public for tours


Several years ago, McDonald's Japan offered a hot dog.  Oddly it was during breakfast hours.  I knew not of the offering back home.  Eventually I did try it.  Now Burger King is also offering a hot dog

At Sakuragicho was a small Burger King so I decided to try it out before taking the final train to catch my flight.  Like McDonad's, its an average dog that doesnt stand out but was satisfying


Another trip to Japan comes to an end after a long hiatus.  The urge to come and visit was great but theres still more I want to see