Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Travelogue-New Orleans (Day 2-The Rest of the Day)

The walk continued down the along the riverfront back to Canal. 


This was one of the warmest nicest days while I was in NO. 


The succeeding days were more overcast than sunny.  20%-30% forecast of rain turned out to be 100% on some days while 50% forecast was not so much.   The Riverfront streetcar does not come by very often so it was faster to walk back than just wait for the next streetcar.


A short way down from Cafe Du Monde, one of the two paddlewheelers is docked.  the natchez has two sailings during the day, 11am and 2pm.  Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, later, a tale of a fateful trip.  Later I set sail for a two hour tour.


The river is a busy waterway.  Tankers and barges lumber up and down the river.  They come in empty and leave loaded or vice versa.  A cruise treminal nearby affords large cruise liners a place for those inclined to embark/disembark.


I found this sweet shop on the internet and decided I should pay a visit.


They offer pastries, candy, gelato, and coffees.  The shop that I visited is located on Magazine St. 


They have one or two other locations that you can discover on their website.  I was interested in their french macarons.  They have seasonal flavors as well as their standard repetoire. 


I left with a collection of their regular flavors. A set of 15 macarons consisting of 8 flavors. Fortunately, I had a refrigerator in my room to keep them cool during my stay and for the trip home.