Thursday, March 14, 2013

Travelogue Back To Dublin

Today is the day to go back to Dublin.  There is some sun in the morning as I make my way to Victoria Station to catch a Southern line to Gatwick.  However, clouds start to gather and a light snow begin to fall as we are pushed back from the terminal. Below is somewhere along the west coast f England. The battery died and that was all I could getsince I packed the batteries in my check-in

Back on Dublin solid ground. The sun goes in and out as does the rain. The late afternoon sun runs down a street and illuminates half of the Spire

I didnt really have any plans for today. I like to really take it easy on travel days. But, with so much light, at least at the time, decided to go to Trinity College. the rain started as I got close and continued as I entered

Past the entrance, I make my way over to the old library. Maybe take in the Book of Kells while Im there. Unfortunatley, I had lost track of time and it was nearly a quarter to six. As my luck would have it, they closed forty five minutes ago. Oh well

Molly Malone is a well known character in this town. Ther is "The Ballad of Molly Malone" A statue dedicated to her stands near Grafton. Side note, I like a song by Metallica called "Whiskey in the Jar". A few days ago while on the tour bus, I hear this song along with a bunch of other Irish folk songs. It blew my mind cause it was the same song. I never imagined this would be the source! In the song, there is a mention of a Molly. Im wondering if this is the Molly

Nothing to do now but get dinner. Since I am close to Grafton St, I chose to go to Bewley's. At the Best Western that I am staying at, the in-room coffee and tea is from Bewley's.

I started with a wonderful seafood chowder. Creamy with bits of calamari, shrimp, and fish.

To follow it ups, I have the roasted vegetable salad which included humus and cous cous. I ordered the large and that was a big mistake. Way too big and could only get through most, not all, of it. The humus and cous cous did not have any additiional seasoning except the basics. The vegetables consisted of eggplant, squash, onions, and peppers. A splash of vinegar helped to brighten up the dish