Thursday, March 24, 2011

Japan 2011-Stars and Hearts

So, there is a mode on my camera that lets you replace the dots of light in your picture with a number of different shapes like hearts and stars. I played around with this mode and found out a few things about it. For one, it was meant for portrait pictures where you would have someone in the foreground. The background bets very blurred but the shapes do come out very nicely. For the nighttime pic of Hakodate, you cant make out the city at all. You can make out most of the stars that are superimposed on the light sources. They even reflect the color of the light.

At the Otaru canal, I chose the heart shape because this was supposed to be a very romantic spot to take a picture from. I had no one to take a picture with so I just took the picture. Its not a total loss, I could always photoshop a seperate pic of myself with a girlfriend later on.