Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Happy Meal


I have borne witness to the birth of video games and the arcade. The boom of internet is well told during my lifetime. The cell phone became a standard device for most people on my watch. These are just some of the things that have changed the world over the last few decades that I have been alive. Another world altering product, the Happy Meal from McDonalds.
A kid-sized meal with a toy bonus. The toys have ranged over the years and are usually tied into movies or other promotions from other companies. Some of the bigger crazes have been the beanie babies. I remember family and friends scampering about trying to complete their set or looking to get that one special baby. I even had friends who scoured ebay looking for what they needed. It was an unexplainable obsession that had stricken many adults for this product aimed at a much younger demographic.
But I digress and remember asking my parents to get me a Happy Meal. Sure I wanted something to eat but other times, I just wanted the toy. Parents have a hard time denying their child soemthing to eat and I got a toy too. It was a win-win situation