Thursday, April 15, 2010

Kpop Girl Groups-Girls Generation, Kara, After School, T-ara

In the Korean pop music scene, there has been an explosion of girl groups that have either gained in popularity or debuted last year. I do not have a full on all the groups, I just know the ones I like.


At the top of the rankings is Girls Generation. They came out with the blockbuster hit Gee that sent Koreans into a tizzy with its simple catchy beat and easy to learn choreography. They had since followed up with several hits, like Genie, and are still going strong with their latest promotion, Oh and Run Devil Run.

Kara's quintet has made much progress and enjoying success with their latest release, Lupin. They caught people's attention with their butt dance for the song Mister. My favorite song was Wanna. Their other hits include Honey, Pretty Girl, and Rock Your Body.


One of the groups that I thought help promise was After School. I liked listening to their debut hit Ah but was not so enthusiastic about their succeding song Diva. The group has changed over the past year and had a comeback with Because Of You. They have a promotion going on now with Bang.

Another group that I have been listening to is T-ara, pronounced tiara. They have had a consistent sound thats pleasent to my ears from Lies and TTL. Then they went really cutesy with Bo Peep. This was a huge selling song for them but not one of my favorites. Then they got back on track with Like The Beginning and I Go Crazy Because Of You