Saturday, July 30, 2016

Speaking of Gilroy Garlic Part 4

Artisans and craftspeople are drawn to the festival so they can display their wares to a large gathering of people



The majority of tents were selling jewelry of wide appeal 

Others were selling items of more narrow appeal and even I found things that I found whimsical or interesting

A selection of trucks made for younger kids.  Simple components of wood put together to ignite the imagination of those it attracts.

Different items also made from wood.  Contrasting colors and inventive craftmanship entice browsers to take a closer look

Clay arts give an alternative view on the stinking rose.  Especially when cooked, the aroma of garlic tends to draw me rather than repel.

Our it could be comment on the garlic breath that many will be going home with.  But not only ont eheir breath but from their clothes as well if they have spent any amount of time here.

Clothes and fashionable items as just as plentiful.  I was drawn to a fellow selling tshirts with custom graphics.  I thought the image was interesting

The metal works of this gentleman also drew my attention due to some of his pieces being related to Star Wars.

But there were other science fiction cinematic characters I recognized or drew inspiration from.

By this time, I had done a bit of walking and downed a bottle of cold water.

I found s spot under one of the larger tents to rest and get something to eat.   Others had the same idea and the picnic tables tend to fill up quickly

Crab fries sounded good to me.  Fries with a garlic aioli with a sprinkle of crab atop.  The aioli had a great garlic flavor to it and the picked crab meat was a bonus.  A sprinkling of mince garlic would have put this over the top for me.  Sage advice is to usually come hungry.  I thought I was doing that.  However, I came alone and found that I cant really eat that much while I still wanted to try a number of other foods.  I would have loved to have had some garlic mussels or some barbecue but these fries had spoiled me for the rest of the day because I didnt have anyone to share the food with