Sunday, June 2, 2024

Yosemite

 The last time that I can recall going to Yosemite was during an early spring where snow was still on the ground.  Fast forward a few decades to another early spring in 2024.  Curious to re experience one of our great national parks, I stayed a few nights to enjoy the valley

In good traffic during the morning commute, I drove the approx 4+ hrs to get to the northern entrance of the park via 120


One of the most iconic scenic outlooks is located at the eastern end of Wawona Tunnel.  Simply called Tunnel View, you gaze upon the entirety of the valley with is prominent landmarks in the panoramic view 

I was not planning on grilling or cooking anything while I stayed there.  There are plenty of convenience store/grocery store available to buy fresh meats and produce for campside cooking.  However there are just as many places to get pre-cooked and made to order items.  Below are some of the items that I sampled.

The only thing I regret was that I went too early in the season.  whenever Im at Yosemite I love to take in the view from Glacier Point.  The road was still closed for winter at this time.  Maybe plan another shorter trip in late summer?