Thursday, November 12, 2009

Influenced by TV

I have always bowed to the will of television and have been very aware of that. Sometimes, I am caught off guard about how freely I let it influence me. Ive travelled to a few places and there are places that I want to travel to. I have a small list of the places that I would like to visit in the back of my mind. They also happen to be in the order that I would like to visit them in. Lately, I have been watching Korean programing that I get over the air, some subtitled and some not. This has been going on for months now. Now, before I knew, I started planning to visit Seoul early next year. Previously, Korea was not in the top 5. This was due mainly to their cuisine not being in the top 5 as well, for me. Now, its shot to the top as my next destination. I have no qualms about travelling there and not knowing any of the language. I cant read, speak, or understand the native language, but I have confidence that I can get by. The only thing that pokes at me is what will I eat while I am there. It can't all be barbecue for the whole trip, that would get a bit pricey and mundane. I am somewhat familiar with some of the dishes that they serve but most are a mystery to me. Unfortunately, alot of their dishes do not look very appetizing from the start. I defninitely dont want to be eating american fast food too much while Im there. Wish me and my stomach luck.