Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Travelogue Japan Day 12-Odaiba By Night

Somehow I forgot to annotate and upload this post.  In short, I hung out in Odiaba until dusk to see the lights come up.  I am still at Diver City as the sun began to slip past the horizon.  Gundam's eyes came to life and the mall was aglow



Other lights along his body lit up along with spotlights around his perimeter.  In his earlier incarnation, he had limited movement of the head and smoke from some orifice in his armor

No matter how many times Ive seen the statue or how many pictures I have taken of it, I cant help but take at least one when I visit.  I have always marvelled at how they can update the armor year after year and still stay on the cutting edge of its design.  Except maybe one year/series, where I didnt really care for what they had done to armor

Everything else becomes illuminated as it gets darker while Gundam holds silent vigil

I cross the pedestrian bridge back toward the bay and Daiba station with the sky growing every darker and the lights ever brighter

I think the camera is over compensating for the darkness as these pictures dont look as dark as the actual environment was from what I can remember

Three towers: 2 towers on the suspension bridge and Tokyo Tower

Like alot of people who see Tokyo Tower for the first time, wonder why there is a replica Eiffel Tower set in Tokyo 

People still hard at work at the tv studio and patrons milling about the mall.  Weekday nights can seem just as busy as some weekend nights.  Having to go to work Friday, the next day, is no hindrance to spending a few hours out eating/drinking, shopping, or strolling