Friday, July 15, 2011

I found myself on Google maps

A little less than two years ago, I travelled to Philadelphia over the labor day weekend. During one of my outings, I spotted the Google camera car driving past as I was waiting for the bus. Excitedly, I checked Google Maps' Street View for the next few months and did not see any photos of myself at the location.

I had not thought about this for quite a while. I believed that the camera was not on and the Google staff were taking the car out on a joyride. While doing some research into Chicago, I decided to look up that location once again on Street Views. Lo and behold! There I am! Of course, my face was blurred out but I could definitely tell it was me. This was almost as exciting as watching myself catch a football on the Letterman Show decades earlier.

The picture just shows me waiting for the bus with one hand in my pocket and the other hand holding onto the strap of my backpack. My sunglasses hanging from the neck of my shirt. There are a few people walking by. I think this was some time during the late afternoon as I was heading out for an early dinner.