Sunday, January 30, 2011

Japan 2011-Arrival at Tokyo

My previous trips were solitary RogueDogue adventures. This time around, I am accompanied by many of the same friends I traveled with 5 years ago, and them some. Touched down in Narita. Im waiting for a few friends. My friends A nd J are arriving from the city on United in about 30 minutes. Our friend R from souther California will not be here for at least another hour. Later, in Hokkaido, we will meet up with J's sister V and her friend D. This will give me time to exchange for some yen. The rates suck!!!! But, what can you do. By the time arrive one thats coming to Tokyo today are here and its already gotten dark around 5:30pm




We arrive safely and quickly at the JR Shinagawa station. Its around 7:00pm Sunday night and there are still a number of people stirring around the station.

Its cold so wwe make our way across the intersection and down the street toour accommodations. This complex houses a number of Prince hotels, restaqurants and an aquarium

Looking back at the staqtion,

Previously, I had visited a row of ramen shops under the station tracks. Something new has cropped up next door. The theme for tonight is rice bowls

We settled for the first store at the beginning of the row. I ordered a set which included a pork and chive bowl, pork soup with some veg, and gyoza. The chive flavor was too heavy ande I regretted my choice Others fared much better than I did. I should have stuck with ramen
Thats about all for today. We have an early morning as we head to Sapporo