Monday, December 27, 2010

First Person Shooter...Live Action











So I saw this post over at Gizmodo and decided to click on the story. I like to play first person shooters and have played a fair amount of paintball in my time as well.

Some guys, and you know it had to be couple of guys, made a video of a deathmatch out at "Brandon's House". I dont know how serious this was supposed to be but I thouroughly enjoyed watching and thought it was one of the funniest videoes Ive seen in a while.

They are pretty spot on with the recreation. From their movements to the views, I thought it was a FPS with a jumpy camera. All of the scenes where he was wielding a knife was just precious. I loved how he zooomed in and used the scope to take out the guy in the tree. Best of all was all the third person views from the killcam. They did a great job in adding blood, gunfire, and explosions. Kudos also for the overlays for the HUD(ammo count, map, spawn countdown timer, and) Yes, yes, there was that movie Gamers with Gerard Butler but that sucked so bad! For all those who play FPS, I think you can appreciate this.

Check it out over at YouTube
www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyCyzB0CedM