Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Take Me Out To The Ballgame...NOT!!


At 11am today, the San Francisco Giants will be paraded and feted through downtown in celebration of their World Series win in Texas on Monday. They had to take it in game 5 as they had dropped game 3. Game 3 was the home opener for the Rangers. I am happy for the Giants but Im a bit bummed too.

I was gifted a ticket to the 6th game of the series. This would have been the first game back home after the 3-game stand away. I had been to one Giants game during their Candlestick days. I even went to one Giants game at AT&T Park, back when it was called Pac Bell?? or SBC?? Anyway, though I am not a big baseball fan, I was excited at the opportunity to experience the pinnacle the sport had to offer. I had never been to any championship game/series for any sport. My sports of choice are more football and basketball. I was truly thankful and did not wish ill will on the home team but I wanted them to drop enough games so I could see this thing through. The first 2 games past with them taking the early lead. As they headed to Texas, I thought things might change in the Ranger's favor with homefield advantage. Slight joy and glee on my part as a glimmer of hope for game 6 shone as I was 1 game closer. Alas, the orange and black steamrolled the next two games and the rest is history.