Saturday, May 8, 2021

Riverwalk, Reno

I took an overnight trip to Reno.  It had been over a decade since my last visit and there have been many changes due to time and possibly the pandemic.  Drawn to the Riverwalk, I spent much of my time around the portion near downtown Reno.

The Truckee River runs through Reno and several businesses line the shores.  Readily accessible bridges provides casual access to Wingfield Park in the middle of the river where some people were enjoying the waterway.  There is a whitewater park somewhere along the river.

The waters looked so inviting on a very warm spring day.  Since others were enjoying the waters, I decided to literally dip my toe into the water.  This park is located on the west side of N Virginia St.  My toes dried quickly in the dry high sierra atmosphere.


As the river flows around the park, the southern branch is more tranquil

On the east side of N Virginia there is an open space and access to the river.  Along side the word BELIEVE in large letters, Theres also a sculpture of a whale.  Later I found that I put a piece of myself in alot of these photos.  Again literally, put a piece of myself in some of the pictures





Not just the east side but my finger photo bombed some west side pictures.


Later that evening, I was back for dinner.  The Eddy is a beer garden where the purveyors are housed in upcycled cargo containers.  It was rather bustling and capacity was limited.  Can't go in until someone else goes out since it was at its limits.


Instead, I had a late dinner at Wild River Grille.  It was 75 degrees at 9pm and eating out on the patio was preferred to indoor dining.  The pan seared citrus scallops were quite nice but I didnt pick up on any cistrus.  The nicely seared scallops were atop polenta with a sauce that had crumbled bacon and mushrooms.  Garlic bread accompanied.