Friday, June 29, 2012

For Lunch - Volcano Curry

Sqeeuzed in between a bank and a burrito place on Geary Blvd is Volcano Curry.  This place serves up Japanese style curry and rice, curry rice.  This dish can be spicey and can be made with various add-ons or toppings.  I partake of this quite often when in Tokyo.  I stop into Coco Ichiban and usually order a side salad with fried shrimp and take time out to decide what suits my fancy at the time. 
Though the offerings are not as expansive, as the japanese chain restaurant mentioned before, their is still good variety to suit most needs/tastes

On this particular go around, I went a bit healthy and had the vegetable curry.  The carrots and potatoes were pretty standard.  I really enjoyed the fried eggplant.  Varying levels of heat can be opted for.  I like heat at times but prefer to enjoy the flavor of my meal rather than swelter in the buring of my mouth and tongue.  Some of the variations that they offer are beef and chicken as well as pork or chicken katsu(deep fried meat patty).  They offer other toppings which may seem strange but are often seen in Japan.  Cheese, various vegetables, sausages, and croquettes are available