Monday, June 27, 2011

For Lunch - Ajisen Ramen Redux

So, I find myself back at Ajisen to give a try of one of their other ramen offerings. This time, I selected the miso ramen and had an iced milk tea to go along with it. If I didnt know I ordered miso ramen, I would have thought I ordered regular tonkotsu ramen. I could not taste any miso at all. I usually like the bold and sometimes spicy flavor of miso thats added to the broth. Overall, I thought the soup tasted sweet, sweeter than I would have thought. This seemed kind of od to me. I was very disappointed with this bowl of soup and noodles. The 3 slices of pork were good and tender but nothing spectacular. Once again, there was cabbage that added extra sweetness to the dish. Found some seaweed floating around in the broth. The ramen noodles were the same as before. Im guessing they are using the same noodles for all their ramen dishes. Unfortunately, I do prefer the slight thicker and chewier curly noodles. This item comes in at $8.50


I found the milk tea to be pleasent enough. It was not too sweet for my taste. The tea flavor was mild and mixed well with the flavor of the added milk.