Tuesday, August 3, 2010

For Lunch-Dos Pinas cont

For lunch today I went to a Mexican place near work. The added convenience of telephone and online ordering is a big plus when the place gets pretty busy during the midday meal hours. I cant speak for the evening times. They have a decent selection on their menu from plates to ala carte items like burritos and tacos.
They also have wraps. One of my favored wraps is a bacon cheeseburger stuffed into a tortilla with Ranch dressing, the Baja Burger wrap. The wraps are comparable in size to their burritos and other burritos found in the nearby Mission district. Their tacos are more of the authentic types on soft corn tortillas not like those found at Taco Bell. You can have them with a variety of meats and a plate of 3 goes for $5. Though slightly pricer than those found at some food trucks

Lately, I have been opting for the Santa Fe salad. You can get it with different kinds of meat. Ive had it with carne asada(beef), al pastor(pork), and plain. Today, the pollo asada(chicken) is up at bat. Aside from the protein addition, the salad dresses romaine lettuce, corn, beans, radish, sour cream, queso fresco, and avocado in a lime cilantro dressing. All on top of a fried corn tortilla

They must have been feeling generous today as the heft of the salad seemed havier than what I am accustomed to. The lime-cilantro dressing is too weak for me and requires extra accompaniment by pico de gallo available at the self-serve utensil and condiment area adjacent to the pick-up window.. The salad is crisp and refreshing but can be a bit heavy from some of its ingredients but you can customize to your liking

My perceptions were correct as I could not finish the entirety of my lunch. The already sizeable portion is readily consumed to its fullest. Today's extra helping laid waste to my hunger and beyond. The remnants make visible the other ingredients: radish, black beans, fried corn tortilla, corn, etc. I admit defeat